Sunday, May 18, 2014

Seussical



Back around last September, my friend's husband (who also happens to be SAU's theatre director) told me they would be doing Seussical the Musical this spring and told me I should audition. I sort of laughed it off, knowing I would be embarrassing myself if I did! I didn't really think much else about it until January, when auditions were getting closer. He told me again to audition, then told my husband about it. Well, that pretty much sealed my fate... My dear, sweet husband practically dragged me up there! I was so unbelievably nervous. Like, what on Earth am I doing here with all of these college kids, most of whom are majoring in theatre! Hello! Out of place!

When I got a call back for the next day, I was floored! And terrified! What do you do at a call back like this? I didn't know what the heck I was doing! So I went...and thought I bombed. Really, there were so many talented students and community members. I told myself I would be content with an ensemble part and that would be that. The list was going to be posted that next day and I very patiently (not) checked the website 20,000 times. I got a text from my friend saying the list was up and there it was... I was cast as Mrs. Mayor of Whoville! I was ecstatic! I was....freaking out!

As nervous as I was, this turned out to be the most amazing experience. It was a lot of work, nights away from my family for rehearsal, tears because I still thought I was making a fool of myself and lots and lots of laughter and fun. God knew I needed this in my life at that moment. Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved (LOVED!) being on stage and performing. I am still so humbled and amazed that I ever got a chance to be a part of such a fun and exciting show!

 

The Grinch!
 
My little "who" people

Me with JoJo and Mr. Mayor

The Sour Kangaroo
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: